Close Menu
BibleLon – Grow in Faith with Daily Verses, Devotionals, and Bible StudyBibleLon – Grow in Faith with Daily Verses, Devotionals, and Bible Study
    What's Hot

    Poland Welcomes Trump’s New Troop Promise After NATO Questions

    May 22, 2026

    ‘Be His Witnesses’: Annual GO Day Urges Believers to Share the Gospel

    May 22, 2026

    US-Iran Talks Show Progress, but What About the Strait of Hormuz?

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Poland Welcomes Trump’s New Troop Promise After NATO Questions
    • ‘Be His Witnesses’: Annual GO Day Urges Believers to Share the Gospel
    • US-Iran Talks Show Progress, but What About the Strait of Hormuz?
    • State Dept Settles Lawsuit Over Biden-Era Palestinian Authority Payments
    • Congress Investigates SPLC Over Alleged Ties to Extremist Groups
    • King of Kings, Lord of Lords (May 22)
    • DOJ Investigating 2020 Election Claims, Acting AG Todd Blanche Says
    • Teamwork (May 22)
    Friday, May 22
    BibleLon – Grow in Faith with Daily Verses, Devotionals, and Bible StudyBibleLon – Grow in Faith with Daily Verses, Devotionals, and Bible Study
    • Home
    • Bible Study
    • Bible Trivia
    • Christian Living
    • Daily Verse
    • Devotionals
    • Jesus
    • Prayer
    • Videos
    • Read the Bible
    BibleLon – Grow in Faith with Daily Verses, Devotionals, and Bible StudyBibleLon – Grow in Faith with Daily Verses, Devotionals, and Bible Study
    You are at:Home»Christian Living»David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
    Christian Living

    David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban

    adminBy adminFebruary 21, 20263 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Having already been banned for life from participating in ministry, disgraced Church of England priest David Tudor has been hit with yet another lifetime ministry ban.

    In November a Bishop’s Disciplinary Tribunal for the Diocese of Southwark upheld a new complaint against Tudor relating to the sexual abuse of a 15-year-old girl in the mid-1980s. This week the tribunal said that as a result of its deliberations it would be imposing a second lifetime ban on Tudor.

    Tudor had already received such a ban in 2024 after he admitted that sexual abuse allegations made against him by two women were true.

    Both the Diocese of Southwark and the Diocese of Chelmsford have responded to the latest ban on Tudor. While the complaints against Tudor relate to his time as a priest in Southwark, Tudor after a period of suspension, resumed ministry work at the Diocese of Chelmsford in 1997.

    Questions were asked of the current Archbishop of York, Stephen Cottrell, who became Bishop of Chelmsford in 2010. Cottrell later said he was in the “awful situation” of being unable to legally take action against Tudor without new complaints or evidence. A recent tribunal cleared Cottrell of any misconduct in the case but found that “some mistakes were made” in the handling of the case.

    Following the news of a new lifetime ban on Tudor, the Bishop of Southwark, the Rt Rev Christopher Chessun said, “It takes extraordinary courage to speak out and bring forward a complaint, and so I am grateful to the woman who shared her experience of David Tudor’s harmful actions, and I apologise unreservedly for the pain and trauma he has caused.

    “I am also grateful to those who have engaged in this long and difficult process to reach this judgment, particularly to those who have been affected by his behaviour and to the safeguarding professionals in Chelmsford and Southwark Dioceses and the Church of England National Safeguarding Team.”

    His statement was echoed by the Bishop of Chelmsford, the Rt Rev Dr Guli Francis-Dehqani, who said, “The woman who brought this complaint showed extraordinary courage in doing so. I want to repeat my thanks to her and to all those who have come forward to report David Tudor’s abuse.

    “I am profoundly sorry for the trauma and harm he has caused and I am deeply grateful to them for engaging with this lengthy and difficult process.”

    She added, “We are continuing to support the Independent Reviewers who are undertaking a Safeguarding Practice Review of the David Tudor case, jointly commissioned by the National Safeguarding Team, and the dioceses of Southwark and Chelmsford.”

    If you or anyone you are in contact with is affected by this update and would like to talk to someone independently, please call the Safe Spaces helpline on 0300 303 1056 or visit Safe Spaces Website. Alternatively, you may wish to contact the diocesan safeguarding team in your area or the National Safeguarding Team at safeguarding@churchofengland.org.

    ban David Hit lifetime ministry Tudor
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    admin
    • Website

    Related Posts

    VA Gun Ban Sparks Immediate Lawsuits from NRA, DOJ, and Gun Rights Groups

    May 16, 2026

    ‘Loot and Theft of Christian Institutions’: Indian Law Targets Nonprofits, 22,000 Already Hit

    May 6, 2026

    Dutch, Dave, and David Discuss and Pray for Rededicate 250

    May 2, 2026
    Top Posts

    Women are ‘easy targets’ for religious-based persecution

    November 5, 20253 Views

    December 5, 2025 – Bible verse of the day

    December 4, 20252 Views

    Fear Makes Noise, Faith Makes Room

    November 17, 20252 Views

    ‘My conscience is clear,’ says Päivi Räsänen after Finland’s Supreme Court hears Bible tweet case 

    November 1, 20252 Views
    Don't Miss
    Jesus

    Poland Welcomes Trump’s New Troop Promise After NATO Questions

    By adminMay 22, 2026

    President Trump says the United States will send an additional 5,000 troops to Poland, just…

    ‘Be His Witnesses’: Annual GO Day Urges Believers to Share the Gospel

    May 22, 2026

    US-Iran Talks Show Progress, but What About the Strait of Hormuz?

    May 22, 2026

    State Dept Settles Lawsuit Over Biden-Era Palestinian Authority Payments

    May 22, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    About Us

    Welcome to BibleLon — your trusted online destination for spiritual growth, daily inspiration, and a deeper understanding of God’s Word.

    At BibleLon, our mission is to help believers around the world connect with the teachings of Jesus Christ, strengthen their faith, and live according to the Word of God. We provide powerful resources that guide you through prayer, Bible study, and Christian living — helping you grow spiritually every day.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Latest Post

    Poland Welcomes Trump’s New Troop Promise After NATO Questions

    May 22, 2026

    ‘Be His Witnesses’: Annual GO Day Urges Believers to Share the Gospel

    May 22, 2026

    US-Iran Talks Show Progress, but What About the Strait of Hormuz?

    May 22, 2026
    Recent Posts
    • Poland Welcomes Trump’s New Troop Promise After NATO Questions
    • ‘Be His Witnesses’: Annual GO Day Urges Believers to Share the Gospel
    • US-Iran Talks Show Progress, but What About the Strait of Hormuz?
    • State Dept Settles Lawsuit Over Biden-Era Palestinian Authority Payments
    • Congress Investigates SPLC Over Alleged Ties to Extremist Groups
    • King of Kings, Lord of Lords (May 22)
    • DOJ Investigating 2020 Election Claims, Acting AG Todd Blanche Says
    © 2026 biblelon. Designed by .
    USDT StartUp f4u Satta tech astro 365
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.